Are You Recovering From Railroad Injuries?
While passenger and commuter trains are now considered to be one of the safest forms of travel, it is nevertheless true that collisions between motor vehicles and trains, when they do unfortunately occur, often result in the innocent victims suffering catastrophic injuries and in some cases fatalities. In fact, according to the Federal Railroad Administration, the number of fatal train accidents has steadily increased from 2016 to 2017 by 56.5%.
Dangers Associated with Railroads, Trains, and Rail Yards
Railroads, trains, and rail yards are inherently dangerous, so it is no surprise that there are thousands of railroad accidents each year causing tremendous amounts of harm and devastation. The results are far-reaching and often riddled with consequence when train companies neglect their duty to take appropriate precautions to protect the public and their employees.
Some of the most notable types of train accidents include:
- Trains derailing while transporting hazardous or toxic substances;
- Motor vehicles colliding with trains while at unsafe railroad crossings;
- Railroad workers experiencing on-the-job injuries and accidents; and
- Railroad employees suffering from exposure due to toxic chemicals.
Typical examples of train injuries include but are not limited to the following:
- Physical injuries (e.g. lacerations, amputations, severe burns, broken bones, etc.);
- Exposure to toxic chemicals; Hearing loss or damage;
- Ballast injuries (e.g. feet, spine, legs, knees, ankles, etc.); and
- Trip and fall or slip and fall accidents.
There are many avenues to ensure compensation and vindication for railroad injuries sustained by railroad workers and other helpless victims.
If you or someone you know is injured or involved in a railroad accident, then you should contact the Testa Law Group to schedule a free consultation. We will help you and your family after your accident by ensuring you receive the best treatment available. We will also assess your accident, examine the medical aspects, evaluate your injuries, and work to maximize your right to compensation.
Railroad Accident Related Articles
Call the Testa Law Group at 877-780-9052 to begin your path to recovery with a free consultation today.