Win Your Case With An Aggressive Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction accident injuries are among the most common types of workplace injury in America. This is not surprising when you examine how many risks can be observed at the average construction site. Moving obstacles, heavy machinery, compressed gasses, caustic chemicals, and towering scaffold structures can all give rise to injuries if improperly handled or maintained. While worker’s compensation may allow some comfort in the wake of a dangerous construction site event, realizing the full measure of injury-related expenses will most certainly demand the services of a qualified and dedicated attorney construction accident lawyer.
Severe Injuries on a Construction Site
One of the most well-known means of injuries experienced by construction workers is falling on the job. These falls happen when a platform, scaffold, ladder, or other support structure has been insufficiently secured, leading to unpredictable surfaces or total collapse. Any fall can result in injuries, but construction site falls usually involve increased impacts on the way down, as well as dangerous objects on the floor upon final impact such as dangerous chemicals, cutting surfaces, or some other item of hazardous equipment. The injuries can range from brain injuries, broken bones, amputations, and spinal cord injury.
Even in circumstances where no great heights are concerned, workers can endure significant catastrophic injuries when working on construction sites. Massive earth-moving equipment can fail and cause devastating injuries. Compressed gas can lead to burns, broken bones, and asphyxiation. Even when workers are safely enclosed and wearing a hard hat and safety glasses on the ground floor, they may be may be struck by falling object that can cause life-altering injuries and in some cases death. Litigating construction accident suits take dedication, experience, and devotion. From owners to sub-contractors to contractors to manufacturers, The Testa Law Group works tooth and nail to hold the at-fault party responsible for the injuries sustained by innocent construction workers.
Contact The Testa Law Group
If you have endured a construction site injury, it is essential to talk with a dedicated attorney as soon as possible. To contact an aggressive construction accident lawyer at The Testa Law Group for a free consultation, call 877-780-9052.
Danger Continues to Grow
Texas, Louisiana, and Florida are among the fasted growing states in the South with some of the most precarious and unsafe working conditions in the country. States along the Gulf of Mexico are growing each and every day. Thus construction sites are popping up left and right. Rapid growth in construction projects means more construction accidents.
While most people travel to their job understanding that their workplace is protected and safe, construction workers, travel to their jobs knowing that they have some of the most dangerous jobs in any industry in this country.
What are the General Causes of Construction Site Accidents?
Depending on the job, client, and contractor the causes of construction site accidents vary. Unconcerned general contractors, vendors, sub-contractors, and employees can create many dangers, which frequently prove remarkably threatening to construction workers at the job site. In fact, it is no secret that construction accidents regularly cause life-threatening injuries that require extensive reconstructive surgery or require amputation, and leave innocent victims with life-altering injuries that may involve permanent disfigurement, brain injuries, and other conditions that affect their capacity to hold down a job or even pay for their future health care.
Workers’ Compensation and Construction Accidents
Though workers’ compensation covers several construction accidents and the connected injuries, the payment received in a Texas, Louisiana, and Florida workers’ compensation claim frequently is not sufficient to provide for an injured worker’s economic necessities. However, in addition to workers compensation claims, injured workers also have the legal right to file a lawsuit against the negligent, careless, or reckless party that worked for a different sub-contractor or company at the job site. Moreover, the injured worker may have a product liability cause of action depending on the circumstances of the injury and accident.
A lawsuit against the at-fault party can involve contributing more money to pay for a broader range of medical services, pain and suffering, permanent disabilities, and other types of damages. Due to the remarkably complex nature of construction accidents, such as comparative fault, numerous layers of insurance coverage, and other complex issues it is advised that an injured construction worker discuss their case with a dedicated construction accident lawyer as soon as possible to determine the best course of action.
General Types of Construction Accidents
Various types of injuries occur at construction sites. Below are some of the most frequent threats that construction workers face:
- Dangerous Vehicle: Numerous types of vehicles are used to transport both workers and equipment at construction sites. In the event an inexperienced or inattentive driver operates one of these vehicles, the result could be devastating for a construction worker.
- Heavy Machinery: Moreover, some of the vehicles are heavy machinery such as bulldozers, pavers, trucks, and other pieces of equipment that if operated improperly can result in severe injury and in some cases, death. It is imperative that employers tasks trained operators to engage in the use of these potentially fatal vehicles.
- Falls: One of the most well-known types of construction disasters transpires when a construction worker falls from a high altitude work site. Platforms, ladders, lifts, and scaffolds pose great peril to workers. Platforms allow construction workers to do their job. However, they can also be immensely dangerous if they are not anchored correctly, poorly maintained, or defective. Falling off a platform, ladder, or lift can undoubtedly result in a life-altering injury and in some cases, death.
- Chemicals: Construction sites are frequently home to toxic chemicals, explosive materials, and flammable materials that can quickly ignite, explode, or leak and cause comprehensive injuries and in some cases death. The owner of the work site is legally bound in securing that these potentially flammable, explosive, and corrosive materials are stored safely.
- Tripping: It is not uncommon for slips and falls and trip and falls to occur in workplaces, nevertheless when someone falls at a construction site, it can be deadly. Equipment that is dropped or left on the ground can endanger workers when they fall. Moreover, uneven pavement, spills, and holes create risks for broken ankles, legs, wrists, and brain injury.
- Heavy Objects: Construction sites often have a diverse amount of heavy things and materials that can create injury. Bricks, tools, tool cases, debris, trash, and other hazardous objects can result in critical head and neck injuries and in some cases death if they fall on a worker or a passerby.
- Electricity: At most construction sites, workers will be expected to fix or remove electrical arrangements and wiring. This task puts workers in jeopardy of electrocution, particularly if they handle electrical equipment that is defective, worn out, or not properly tested. Electrocution can result in a variety of different types of burns and, in some cases, cause death.
Don’t Wait to File A Construction Accident Claim
At The Testa Law Group, we recognize the severity and possible impact of construction accidents, that is why we fight tooth and nail to help our clients. Our unrivaled combination of dedication, determination, and discipline works to make negligent employers and insurers pay the damages victims, and their families deserve. Contact us at 877-780-9052 today to speak with a dedicated construction accident lawyer and receive information and on how to help serve your future.
Compensation for Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
It is the obligation of the employer, not the employee, to guarantee that a worksite is protected. If an employer fails to live up to their legal obligations, then they could be in contravention of various OSHA regulations. If someone you know or love is hurt or is killed while working at a dangerous construction site, then you should contact a dedicated construction accident lawyer to file a claim and seek money damages that you may be entitled.
If you or a loved one were harmed in a dangerous construction accident, then you may be able to seek money damages for any of the following:
- Current medical bills
- Cost of future medical bills connected to your injury (skin grafts, therapy, reconstructive surgeries, etc.)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Lost wages
- Loss of career or earning potential
- Property loss
- Permanent injury or disability
- Costs of physical therapy
- Costs of rehabilitation
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of a limb
- Pain and suffering
- Costs of home health nursing
- Household and vehicle modifications if needed
- Reduction of earning capacity
- Hedonic damages for loss of joy of life (activities enjoyed before injury that you or your loved one or no longer to partake in)
In the unfortunate event that you and your family have lost a loved one due to a dangerous construction environment, then you and your family should seek a construction accident lawyer for representation and seek money damages for any of the following wrongful death damages:
- Funeral expenses
- Burial expenses
- Pain and suffering that the deceased experienced before passing
- Medical bills
- Loss of future income
- Loss of future benefits (retirement, medical)
- Loss of love, companionship, affection, guidance, etc.
- Loss of household duties the deceased performed (property maintenance, childcare, etc.)
Win Your Case With A Tough Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction sites are some of the most dangerous areas to work in the United States. Construction-related disasters can end in the worst possible outcome – death. In shocking cases, the devastated families may not be conscious that they may be allowed to seek money damages as a result of losing a loved one due to a construction site accident. A tough construction accident lawyer at the Testa Law Group will be completely committed and dedicated to ensuring that every single injured person and their family has a fair shot at a bright and healthy future. Thus, if you or a loved one were harmed or lost, then we will do what it takes to get the compensation that you and your family deserves. Contact us at 877-780-9052 for a free consultation with a construction accident lawyer to get the help you and your family desperately need.