Knee Injury Lawyer Aid to Recovery Fully After an Accident
Although powerful a person’s knees are very intricate and complex, as just one faulty movement or jolt can cause a tear that results in months, if not years, to properly heal. Knee injuries can happen whenever and wherever, but mostly transpire due to dangerous accidents. For instance, many knee problems are experienced in bike collisions, workplace accidents, and vehicle accidents where a person’s knee ligaments are damaged due to pressing hard on their braking system or from their knee taking a blow from falling. Regrettably, many victims do not realize anything is wrong till long after the accident has occurred.
If you have recently been involved in a misfortune and suffered a knee injury, then you likely have grounds to take legal action. However, the time to take action must be swift because there is a statute of limitations for personal injury actions. Therefore, it is essential that you get the representation of a diligent and dedicated Texas, Louisiana, or Florida knee injury, lawyer. Call (877) 780-9052 to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced knee injury lawyer.
Contact the Testa Law Group today to speak with a dedicated personal injury lawyer in Texas, Louisiana, and Florida. Depending on the details encompassing your accident, you could be entitled to notable and significant compensation. Some basic payments associated with a knee injury include:
- Pain and suffering
- Physical therapy
- Costs of rehabilitation
- Loss of wages
- Costs of emergency medical transportation
- Costs of hospitalization
- Costs of surgery
What is a Knee Ligament Injury?
As mentioned earlier the knee is a complicated and complex joint enabling a person to walk, run, climb, and kick. The complexity of the knee is not just in the design of the knee, but also in the functioning of the knee and the many connections of the ligaments.
The knee joint is a synovial joint responsible for connecting the femur, to the tibia. There are two joints in the knee — the tibiofemoral joint and the patellofemoral joint. The tibiofemoral joint joins the tibia to the femur while the patellofemoral joint joins the kneecap to the femur. These joints operate together to create a modified hinge joint allowing the knee to bend, straighten, and rotate from side to side. The knee works in conjunction with the hips, pelvis, upper leg, and the lower leg, to provide a person with function and movement. Thus, as you can imagine, a knee injury can cause a person extreme pain and a loss of their mobility.
Many personal injuries happen to occur to the knee ligaments. There are four central “ligaments” of the knee. These knee ligaments consist of the medial collateral ligament (MCL), the lateral collateral ligament (LCL), the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), and the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL). These ligaments are essentially robust rubber bands keeping things in their place and serve to allow an enormous range of movement. When a person suffers from a ligament injury, it implies one of these bands has snappe and it is critical they the injuried individual consult with a knee injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Whichever ligament is hurt depends on where the person sustained the impact and how the knee or leg shifted or turned. The answer to rehabilitation requires immediate examination, proper diagnosis, fitting medical care, and securing payment for the injury.
Common Accidents Causing Knee Injuries
Because of the knees location, function, and the fact that they bear most of the weight of the body, the knee is highly exposed to injury that can leave a person immobile. Some common accidents that cause knee injuries include:
- Automobile accidents – Automobile accident are a major source of knee injuries. Although seatbelts and airbags protect other parts of the body, nothing protects a person’s knees. In fact, many times a person experiences severe knee injuries from the knees hitting the dashboard or from pressing down hard on the brake pedal to avert a crash.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcycle accidents are plausibly the worst type of accident for the knee. A motorcycle offers no knee protection and leaves the knees exposed to a direct collision with an at-fault driver’s vehicle.
- Trips and falls – Trips and falls injure the knee in various ways. One could fall straight on the knee cap or hyperextend the knee after a trip.
- Slip and falls – Slip and falls can create not only knee injuries but cause severe damage to the MCL and ACL after a person slips on a slippery surface such as oil, polish, water, or ice.
- Falls from heights – Falls from heights even moderate heights such as a step stool can cause terrible knee damage.
- Blunt force impact – Blunt force impacts from objects can not only damage the knee joint but also cause broken or shattered bones.
When Should I Call a Knee Injury Lawyer?
Yes! If you have suffered a knee injury while working, in a motor vehicle accident, or while on the property of another, it is highly recommended that you contact the Testa Law Group as soon as possible to speak to a knee injury lawyer. Texas, Louisiana, and Florida have what is known as a statute of limitations on all personal injury claims meaning an injured person has a small amount of time to file a suit before losing their rights to compensation. Thus, do not delay in seeking attorney representation. Contact us at (877) 780-9052 for a free consultation with a dedicated knee injury lawyer.