Get a Dedicated Ear Injury Lawyer to Fully Recover After an Accident
The ear is an external organ allowing us to receive sounds and plays a crucial role in balance, speech, learning, and balance. When a person’s hearing is even partially lost, it can have a large impact on their life. If your hearing loss was caused by the negligence, carelessness, or a willful act of another, then you might be eligible to pursue compensation for your injuries.
To obtain a settlement deserving of your injuries and losses, it is critical that you contact a dedicated and disciplined personal injury attorney. The legal team at the Testa Law Group represents Southern families in Texas, Louisiana, and Florida. Call our ear injury lawyers in Texas, Louisiana, and Florida today for a free case assessment by dialing (877) 780-9052. Additionally, if you have severe trouble hearing send us an email, or if you prefer we have trained professionals that know sign language and can Skype with you to get to the bottom of your case with an ear injury lawyer present.
Compensation for Hearing Loss Injuries in Texas, Louisiana, and Florida
Hearing loss injuries can alter the way you socialize with the world around, deny you of pleasurable activities, and impact your ability to work and make a living. If your ear injury was the result of your occupation, then your case will likely fall under workers’ compensation; but, if not, then you may be able to seek compensation by way of medical malpractice, personal injury, or product liability action. Your claim may demand payment to cover any of the following:
- Hearing aids or amplification devices
- Loss of enjoyment of activities
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent injury or disability
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Loss of career
- Loss of earning capacity
- Diminished earning capacity
Causes of Hearing Loss
Apart from hearing loss due to aging, genetics, or illnesses, hearing loss is normally the result of one of three situations:
- Continued or repeated exposure to very loud noise. Normally, this type of hearing loss is occupational and injures those that work in mills, factories, or around heavy construction equipment.
- Exposure to a swift and remarkably loud noise. This cause of hearing loss is due to gunshots or firecrackers exploding too close to a person’s ear. Also, this cause of hearing loss is also experienced when a person’s automobile airbag deploys.
- Head injuries causing neurologic damage to the brain and physical injuries to the ear itself. This type of hearing loss is due to a botched surgery, defective cochlear implant, or impact to the head.
What is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus is a type of ear injury. Tinnitus isn’t hearing loss, but an observation of sound that isn’t there. Tinnitus is a result of damage to the cilia of the inner ear. When exposed to sound waves cilia vibrate as they are tiny hairs in the ear that send signals to the brain. But when the cilia are damaged they fail to send the signal to the brain, and the person often hears ringing noises and a high pitched tone. Tinnitus negatively affects a person’s capacity to listen, read, sleep, converse, and concentrate.
A Dedicated and Disciplined Texas, Louisiana, and Florida Hearing Loss Injury Lawyer Can Help!
No one has the right to take away a person’s sense of hearing. The Testa Law Group’s Texas, Louisiana, and Florida ear injury lawyers can help you or a loved one achieve a maximized settlement deserving of your injuries and losses. Have a loved one call (877) 780-9052 for a free consultation with an ear injury lawyer or if you have severe trouble hearing send us an email, or if you prefer we have trained professionals that know sign language and can Skype with you to get to the bottom of your case and help translate with an ear injury lawyer present.