I’m Hurt and Need Information

I’m Hurt and Need Information

If you or a loved one were hurt in an incident as a result of the negligence of another, then you may not know your rights and what you should do. At the Testa Law Group, we endeavor to make sure that every injured victim becomes familiar with his or her rights and work strenuously to ensure that our clients are compensated as quickly as possible. Following is a brief list of what you should know after enduring a wide variety of accidents. Scroll down below and find the incident that you were involved in and discover more about what you should do, or contact us and we will attempt to help you resolve your issue and answer any questions you may have. Call the Testa Law Group for a free consultation at 877-780-9052.

Remember, after you are injured it is imperative that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. Your injuries must be evaluated by a licensed health care worker and treated as early as possible so that you can heal and avoid any unnecessary complications.

[icon name=”car” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] I Was Injured in an Auto Accident

Being the victim of an auto, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, or bicycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence is traumatic and painful. In such a case, you should file suit to seek fair compensation for your injuries and emotional trauma against the at-fault party and his or her insurance providers. In these types of cases, it is essential that you prove that the at-fault party created your misfortune by acting negligently, intentionally, or recklessly. This can be proven when the at-fault party was driving drunk, disobeyed traffic signals, or acted in other ways that created a peril for the safety of others.

Under Florida and Louisiana’s Comparative Fault Law, it is not detrimental to your case if you were moderately at fault for the accident, just as long as you can prove that the at-fault party was more at fault than you were, then you can hold him or her responsible, but your right to compensation will be reduced by the percentage you were at fault. In Texas, which is a Modified Comparative Fault state a person that is injured cannot recover damages from the other party if he or she is 51% or more at fault for the accident.

[icon name=”balance-scale” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]I Was Hurt by a Defective Product

When you are injured by a product that is defective in its design, warning, or manufacturing, then you are entitled to hold the manufacturer, marketer, and seller responsible for the harm it has caused you and your family.

Moreover, as you may know, some products may have dangers unbeknownst to the average consumer and, as a result, require a warning that alerts the user that consumers how to use the product safely.

[icon name=”medkit” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] I Was Injured While Working

If you were injured on the job, then in some cases you should pursue a workers’ compensation coverage claim for your injuries. In these cases, you should report your injury to your employer, then go to a doctor approved by your business, and describe the extent of your damages. Workers’ compensation benefits entitle workers to money for missed work and medical care so long as the employee was injured while on the job and injured during the ordinary course of official work duties. However, in some cases an injured worker may bypass workers’ compensation coverage and sue a product manufacturer or other entity; therefore, it is important to speak with an attorney to understand the full extent of your legal rights.

[icon name=”blind” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] I Was Hurt in a Trip and Fall or Slip and Fall

If your slip and fall or trip and fall mishap occurred on someone else’s property, then you can hold the owner of that property liable for your damages. Broken tiles, slippery surfaces, inadequate lighting, improperly built stairs, spilled liquids, and more can lead to severe injuries that can impact victims for life.

Property owners have a legal duty to fix dangers or mark them with warning signs to protect others licensees, invitees, and in some cases even innocent trespassers.

[icon name=”heartbeat” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] My Loved One Was Abused at a Nursing Home

If you think that your loved one is experiencing abuse at a nursing home, then you should not wait to get help for your endangered loved one. Pay careful attention to your loved one and look for signs of neglect, emotional, physical, sexual, or financial abuse by nursing home staff. Take control of the situation and document the injuries and remove your loved one from the scene. Because your loved one can be mentally or physically unable to file suit against the nursing home, you can sue the organization on his or her behalf.

[icon name=”child” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] My Child Was Injured

As a parent or legal guardian, you must take action when your child is hurt and in some cases filing a lawsuit to recover the damages from your child’s injuries and hold the accountable party responsible for their wrongdoing is the best route to take.

Like all personal injury cases, it is important to hold the person or organization that caused harm responsible for the injuries, medical bills, and emotional trauma that they have caused. Because severe child injuries can create disabilities that last into adulthood, discovering the effects of these injuries and their outcomes for the coming years will cost a great amount of money; therefore, it is vital that families seek fair payment for a child’s losses.

For more knowledge on your injuries and rights, call the attorneys at the Testa Law Group at 877-780-9052 to receive a free consultation from our dedicated, determined, and experienced legal team.