Get a Winning Child Defect Toy Lawyer to Win Your Case
Products and toys intended for use by children are expected to be fun and safe objects that bring joy to children of various ages. Though toys and other child products are held to high standards by government agencies, they are commonly the cause of child injuries because of defects that fail to pass safety tests. When children products involve such hazards to safety, they can quickly cause serious and in some cases deadly injuries.
Accidents produced and created by defective children’s products are overwhelming for both the child and his or her family. Injuries produced by toy defects require prolonged hospital stays, therapy, surgeries, and other emotional and financial taxing procedures to assure recovery. While it is necessary to get money from negligent and careless manufacturers to cover such expenses, a family frequently finds closure in helping to prevent other children and families from suffering a similar fate. The families of those hurt by such products have the highest right to seek financial money damages for their child’s suffering and distress that are the result of dangerous products that bring with them not only physical pain but also a financial burden. A child defect lawyer of the Testa Law Group will have the experience and will be able to recognize the suffering of families after a child experiences an injury.
Protecting Children with Regulations and Law
To fight the severe dangers of defective products the legislator enacted the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act. Supporting the Act, the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) received increased funding, which helped enable more overviews of regulations that sought to punish manufacturers in regards to metal jewelry items and lead content objects destined for child use.
Specifically, the Act affected children’s products as it put forth regulations that were more strict regarding imposing safeguards for pacifiers and cribs; baby bouncers, jumpers, walkers, strollers; and small parts. Therefore, manufacturers and also designers who violate these rules face large legal penalties and are susceptive and susceptible to an increased amount of lawsuits as a result of introducing dangerous, unsafe products into the stream of commerce.
Examples of Child Product Defects
Product defects normally fall into one of three categories. These sorts of defects are:
- Warning Defects: Failure to warn defects frequently occur when the warning label or absence thereof on a product fails to adequately inform consumers and users of the dangers of the product.
- Design Defects: Design defects occur when a product is designed in such as way that it is harmful to the ordinary user and there exist other feasible design variations or alternatives that are less harmful to users and do not impact or interfere with the overall intended use of the product.
- Manufacturing Defects: A manufacturing defect happens when a product departs from other products that are made according to specifications and designs from others of the same type after departing the manufacturer and, as a result, causes a user harm.
Typical Child Product Hazards
While there are numerous types of defects are hazardous to children using a defective product, there are some defects that are often very hazardous and, as a result, lead to grave and even deadly injuries. These child product hazards often include:
- Choking Hazards: Choking hazards are one of the most common hazards experienced by children. A child can easily choke on any article or object that is small enough to put in their mouths. Usually, choking hazards are seen in small toys like small toy cars, balloons, balls, and small accessory pieces of larger toys.
- Suffocation Hazards: Suffocation hazards occur in products such as cribs, clothing, and toys because of small parts or materials that can become caught over a child’s face, thereby blocking the child’s ability to breathe.
- Fire Hazards: Fire hazards result in children suffering from burn injuries and are often associated with manufacturers failing to use flame retardant materials in child clothing or child toys such as tents and sleeping bags.
- Falling Hazards: Falling hazards are often seen in child products such as cribs and high chairs that are used to restrain children, but, nevertheless, some of these products may tip over or in some case are not designed properly and allow the child to easily climb out of the product and experience an injurious fall.
What Can a Product Liability Lawsuit Do?
A product liability claim allows consumers that have been injured by a dangerous or defective product to hold the neglectful party accountable, such as the manufacturer, designer, or distributor, for the harm created while also receiving money damages for any of their losses. Manufacturers of any product are bound to create an item that is safe and free of dangerous defects, but when a manufacturer is careless, the protection of innocent consumers may be put in danger. A crucial part of understanding if you have a strong product liability claim is knowing how the original defect transpired. A product may be defective in a number of ways, including its design. A flawed design occurs when there is a mistake or flaw in the design, making the product more dangerous than an ordinary consumer would expect. A defect may also come as a consequence of the manufacturing process, where products leave the manufacturer and are different than those products that are made or produced intended according to their specifications and designs. Other defects may concern issues such as inadequate or removed or missing warning labels or instructions, which can cause injury or harm to the innocent user or bystander.
Assistance to Help You, Your Family, and Your Child Recover After an Accident
Consumers and users have a legal right to pursue money damages from anyone accountable for the dangerous product when it has created you or your family member undue harm or injury. Product liability law enables consumers to hold negligent manufacturers or designer or any other accountable party liable for the injury caused, so it is important to build a solid case to get promising results. If your child was harmed by a defective, unsafe, or faulty toy and you still have documentation such as receipts of purchase or written statements by people who witnessed the accident, then those can greatly help your case. Moreover, a qualified and diligent attorney can help you and your family by proving negligence and explaining that the sole cause of your child’s damages was the result of a product defect. Money damages can be given for economic as well as non-economic damages connected with the defective produce incident. Such damages are used for medical expenses and to provide for the pain and suffering your family endured as a result of the incident. Money damages can make a significant difference in how well your child can recover; thus, it is beneficial to consult with a dedicated lawyer to make the best decision for your family and your child.
Helping Families Move Forward
A child defect lawyer of the Testa Law Group recognizes how traumatic it is when a child is harmed, particularly when it is a childhood toy or other type of child product that you assumed would be safe for your child to use. Our legal team is dedicated to helping those injured as a result of another’s negligence or carelessness and, as such, we have the skills and passion required to fight for equity for you, your child, and your entire family. Normally child product manufacturers and designers have well-funded attorneys that do everything in their power to evade responsibility for your child’s injuries, that is why you should have skillful legal representation to defend you and your family’s rights and get the money your child needs to recover. Call a child defect lawyer at 877-780-9052 to see how we can help you and your family.
Getting a Tough Child Defect Toy Lawyer to Win Your Case
Children product manufacturers and designers are summoned to obey the highest levels of safety and quality precautions to protect children. Nonetheless, child product manufacturers and designers sometimes fail to follow these important guidelines. The Texas, Louisiana, and Florida defective product lawyers at the Testa Law Group are dedicated to not only winning money damages for hurt children and their families but also in holding wrongdoers accountable for the harm they cause. Contact us at 877-780-9052 to speak with a child defect toy lawyer for details on how we can help you and your family get money damages for your losses and suffering.