Accidents on Dangerous Roads Require a Tough Dangerous Road Lawyer
Traffic accidents concerning airport and commuter shuttles can be very harsh because the passenger vans used are very heavy and as a result, distribute weight with great force resulting in severe impacts.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has determined that there are more than 5 million motor vehicle crashes each year. Traffic accidents are a devastating occurrence. Moreover, traffic accidents are caused by a number of different factors, such as driver negligence, distractions, drunk driving, and even dangerous roads.
Seeing as how the United States has more than 100 million licensed drivers it is necessary that the nation’s roadways are correctly and properly maintained. Thus, state and city governments have a duty to render safe highways and streets for people to commute. But when a government worker, or the city, or the state are careless and fail to maintain accountability for the upkeep of roadways, then they must pay for their negligence in fostering a dangerous condition that is the cause of serious accidents and injury. Thus, any person hurt in a vehicle crash caused by an unsafe road should contact a hazardous roadway lawyer to investigate whether the city, state or other government entity should be held accountable.
Who Is Liable for a Hazardous Roadway Accident in Texas, Louisiana, or Florida?
In an accident caused by another person, it is commonly apparent who the at-fault party is and who will be accountable and responsible for giving you compensation to pay for your damages and personal injuries you suffered. However, when a crash is the result of a hazardous roadway condition, the question may come up – who should pay for my injury? In the state of Texas, Louisiana, and Florida, the Department of Transportation (Department of Transportation and Development for Louisiana residents) is accountable for keeping roads throughout those states safe and free from hazardous conditions.
An experienced dangerous road lawyer may file a lawsuit against the designers and maintainers of the public roadways, basically, the state or city government who oversees the roadway may be responsible for the disarray and dangerous condition. A person bringing a suit for a dangerous road must show that the roadway contributed to the disaster and was the cause of their damages. Ordinarily, the most successful lawsuits arise when the government entity received reports noting the dangers of the road in question or conducted its own testing of the dangerousness of the road, bridge, or highway and chose to ignore the threat.
A dangerous road lawyer at the Testa Law Group will consult with experts and gather the required evidence to help our clients hold the government entity responsible for their injuries.
Types of Hazardous Conditions
A variety of different roadway conditions can put drivers and pedestrians in danger. Each state’s Department of Transportation is answerable for sustaining and maintaining safe road conditions for motorists who use the roads and highways. Many times, however, due to budget restraints and various forms of bureaucratic red tape repairs go unnoticed, overlooked, or are brushed aside. Some examples of dangerous road conditions are:
- Lighting – Poor lighting can driving much more hazardous and extremely dangerous for responsible drivers to make out pedestrians, signs, sharp turns, landmarks, and other motorists on the road.
- Pavement/Asphalt – Bumps, drop-offs, potholes, and other substandard practices relating to pavement can make driving dangerous for a motorist, pedestrians, and bicyclists.
- Road rails – Improper and lack thereof of safety road rails, or guard rails, can present a hazardous condition for motorists.
- Road construction – Closed lanes, lack of constructions safety signs, debris from road construction, falling objects, and trucks entering or exiting from the construction site can cause a serious accident.
- Bad roads – Generally bad road conditions include faulty road designs, uneven lanes, narrow lanes, steep curve angles, lack of gradient along curves, and unmaintained wear and tear of the road itself are hazardous road conditions.
- Traffic signs and signals – When a sign or traffic signal is not working or malfunctioning or poorly visible, a traffic accident is quite likely to occur; thus, creating a hazardous road condition that is dangerous for motorists and pedestrians.
A Tough Dangerous Road Lawyer Will Provide Excellent Legal Representation for Hurt Victims
An auto accident is an extremely devastating experience. If a person is severely hurt in a collision, they may be left with crushing medical bills, extensive recovery time, and emotional trauma. The notion of bringing a lawsuit against the state or city government can sometimes seem to be only a dream; it is critical to understand that you and your family have legal rights. Because you and your family have legal right when someone is negligent, careless, or reckless, you should seek legal representation to maximize your compensation to provide for you and your family. The Testa Law Group is committed to protecting the rights of accident victims and will work tooth and nail to secure that at-fault parties are held accountable. Call our offices at 877-780-9052 for a free consultation with a dangerous road lawyer.