Severe Neck Injuries Require a Dedicated and Determined Neck Injury Lawyer
By Nicholas Testa on 2019/06/04 23:04:50
Our necks are the channel that transports blood and electrical signals to and from our brains to our bodies. Neck injuries, even minor ones, can seriously affect our wellness. Some of the most well-known damages resulting from motor vehicle accidents are neck injuries. While headrests, airbags, and other advanced vehicle safety features can assist in preventing or decreasing the severity of neck injuries, they nevertheless occur often.
If you or a loved one has sustained a neck injury in a motor vehicle accident, it is necessary that you discuss your case with a diligent and disciplined neck injury attorney. The Testa Law Group is determined, skilled, and aggressive in representing you and your family. For a free, comprehensive consultation with a neck injury lawyer call our offices at (877) 780-9052.
Types of Neck Injuries
- Cervical spine injuries are otherwise known as “neck injuries” come in several types and varying classifications. They also happen with fluctuating levels of severity.
- Soft Tissue Injuries – These are injuries to the tendons, muscles, and ligaments of the neck. They routinely involve neck strains and neck sprains. Some often experienced symptoms of these injuries include muscle spasms, stiffness, and soreness.
- Injuries to the Nerves or Spinal Cord – Injuries to the nerves or spinal cord are injuries to the nervous system that an be very severe. These types of injuries often include bulging discs, herniated discs, whiplash, and other associated whiplash disorders. Whiplash and other related disorders are produced by hyper-extension and hyperflexion of the neck. Such injuries are very common when a vehicle is rear-ended. Discs are composed of cartilage and act as a cushion among the vertebrae. A bulging disc occurs when there exists a substantial compression of the vertebrae, whereby such compression causes the disc to flatten and bulge out to the sides. Contra, a herniated disc happens when the tough and hard cartilage outer shell of the disc ruptures, whereby the soft inner cartilage begins to leak out. Symptoms of these common types of injuries from a motor vehicle accident include tingling in the arms, numbness, disturbed sleep patterns, weakness, and dizziness.
- Stinging and Burning Neck Injuries – These injuries are associated with the sensations that they cause and often involve neck fractures. When a neck fracture occurs it is the actual breaking or shattering of the cervical vertebrae and when it occurs the individual experience a numbness, a warming sensation, weakness, burning, stinging, or an electrical sensation running throughout the arms.
- Cervical Dislocation – Cervical dislocation occurs when a person’s neck vertebrae are pushed out, creating severe spinal instability. In disastrous cases, the neck vertebrae are fully displaced causing a rupturing of the ligaments. These cases require surgery to repair the injury and involve a long road to recovery.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal cord injuries are the most dangerous type of neck injuries and happen when there exist a fractured or dislocated vertebra that damages the spinal cord. Sadly, these injuries more often than not result in death, complete paralysis, or partial paralysis.
Contact a Neck Injury Lawyer at the Testa Law Group for Assistance
If you or a loved one suffered a neck injury in a motor vehicle accident, then you must consult with a skilled and dedicated Texas, Louisiana, or Florida neck injury lawyer. Neck injuries can significantly alter a family’s future, causing mounting medical bills and long-term care issues. To protect your family’s future, call the Testa Law Group for a free consultation with a neck injury lawyer at (877) 780-9052.