Get An Aggressive and Strong Wrongful Death Truck Wreck Lawyer to Get Maximum Justice
Wrongful death as a result of a truck wreck occurs more often than people would like to believe. In fact, almost 4,000 people die each year due to an accident involving an 18-wheeler according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Every day more and more large trucks are on the road in America in order to fulfill the ever-increasing supply and demand of the growing population. Because of this fact, the odds of being involved in an 18 wheeler crash have increased enormously and, as a result, so has the chances of being involved in a wrongful death truck wreck.
Accidents involving monster 18 wheeler trucks are much more likely to end in fatalities as a result of the incredible force and impact that occurs when the 18 wheeler crashes into a normal sized vehicle. Motorists in smaller vehicles or pedestrians strolling to their destination suffer dire consequences that they cannot control or protect themselves against. When such a disaster ends in fatalities, the families of the deceased must seek a Texas, Florida, or Louisiana wrongful death lawyer to aid them in seeking justice.
Deadly Truck Accidents
Due to the huge size and weight of tractor-trailers, the accidents that they are involved in have a greater chance of ending in fatalities. While all sorts of accidents involving 18 wheeler trucks can cause fatalities, there are some accidents that carry an increased probability of death. These accidents include:
- Undercarriage Accident: This happens when a smaller vehicle is pinned underneath the truck. These accidents often tear through the roof and the upper portion of the car causing serious injuries to passengers head, neck, and back.
- Jackknife: This type of accident occurs when the truck’s trailer swings around and then folds up to the truck cabin area facing the opposite direction. Vehicles in the path of the trailer are struck with great force and in some cases crushed between the cabin and the trailer. Oncoming vehicles often collide with the truck as a result of the crash above.
- Runaway Tractor Trailer: This accident occurs when a trailer becomes detached from the cab, and most often happens while the truck is traveling down traverses and hills. Once the trailer becomes detached, it will travel through traffic at high speeds with nothing to stop it, until it collides with a vehicle or other object.
- Hazardous Material Spill: Many tractor-trailers transport hazardous materials in specially designed containers that work to ensure safety and security. Nevertheless, when the truck carrying the hazardous materials is involved in a crash, the safety container may rupture, whereby spilling the hazardous materials that are often highly toxic and flammable.
Causes of Fatal Truck Accidents
To operate a commercial truck, laws require that drivers are licensed and properly certified. Some causes of fatal truck accidents include:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- A defective trucking part;
- Truck driver fatigue;
- Distracted driving; and
- Improper maneuvering of the truck.
While any of these can occur in other everyday vehicles, such mistakes involving 18 wheelers have devastating consequences. A fatal truck collision causes many losses, leaving families devastated and distraught. Because of the hardships families face, it is important that the relatives of the deceased seek compensation for their losses and grief. The Testa Law Group will work tooth in nail to ensure families of lost loved ones receive maximum compensation for the wrongful death of a loved one and will make the at-fault party pay for your pain and suffering, the funeral costs, lost future wages, lost inheritance, and other losses due to the negligence of another.
Get A Dedicated and Strong Wrongful Death Truck Wreck Lawyer to Get Maximum Justice
If a loved one was involved in a deadly truck wreck, the legal team at The Testa Law Group can help. A tough and aggressive wrongful death truck wreck lawyer will give you and your family their undivided attention to ensure that you and your family get the compensation that you deserve. A wrongful death truck wreck lawyer at the Testa Law Group are dedicated to ensuring that every single injured person and their family has a fair shot at a bright and healthy future. Thus, if a person or organization is negligent, careless, or reckless and, as a result, a loved one was taken from you, then we will do what it takes to hold that party accountable. Let the Testa Law Group fight for you to get the compensation that you and your family deserves. Contact us at 877-780-9052 to speak with a wrongful death truck wreck lawyer today.