Win Your Case With a Tough Tow Truck Accident Lawyer
When driven correctly, tow trucks, also identified as wreckers, render an indispensable service in Texas, Louisiana, and Florida’s roadways. Whether used to remove damaged wrecked vehicles off the street as a consequence of an accident or to tow away an illegally parked car, tow trucks contribute in keeping traffic flowing smoothly and safely. However, tow trucks can also create and produce severe accidents that can produce life-altering injuries and extreme property damage, resulting in a loss of financial freedom. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident involving a tow truck, then you or your loved one should contact a dedicated and determined lawyer to get the compensation that you and your family deserve.
To get money damages deserving of your injuries, it is imperative that you seek the representation of a skilled attorney. To secure maximum compensation that you and your family deserve you should speak with a dedicated and diligent tow truck attorney. The Texas, Louisiana, and Florida auto accident attorneys at The Testa Law Group are skillful and knowledgeable in representing Texas, Louisiana, and Florida tow truck injury victims. The Testa Law Group will help you and your family repair and recuperate from your injuries. Call The Testa Law Group at 877-780-9052 for a free consultation with a skilled tow truck accident lawyer.
Types of Tow Trucks
There are five types of tow trucks. They are as follows:
- Hook and chain, trucks: These tow trucks work by putting hooks under the frame or around the axle of the towed vehicle. Hook and chain trucks are not popular because the tow truck driver must have access to the towed vehicle’s keys. Moreover, hook and chain tow trucks can cause a lot of damage to the towed vehicle.
- Flatbed, or slide, trucks: These two trucks have a flatbed that tilts down. Once the flatbed is tilted down the towed vehicle can be pulled up onto the flatbed with cables or chains. Once the vehicle is pulled up the flatbed tilts back up, and the tow truck can drive away. This type of tow truck is recommended because it is least likely to damage a towed vehicle and can tow badly damaged vehicles after a car accident.
- Wheel lift tow trucks: These tow trucks work by sliding a steel yoke underneath the rear wheels of a towed vehicle. After sliding the yoke, the vehicle is lifted up, pulled backward, and towed away. These are tow trucks primarily used in repossessions because they work quickly and can tow a vehicle without requiring the tow truck driver to get out of the tow truck.
- Boom tow trucks: These tow trucks have a slanted boom used to hoist one end of the towed vehicle and are particularly useful for pulling vehicles out of mud, embankments, ditches, and lakes.
- Integrated tow trucks: These tow trucks consolidate both the boom and the wheel lift, and are particularly used for repossessions.
How Come Tow Trucks Are Involved in so Many Mishaps?
Tow trucks are connected in numerous accidents since they are used for commercial purposes or put another way, the more tows a tow truck driver performs, the more money the tow truck driver earns. This tow truck company inventive encourages drivers to drive faster, break traffic laws, and take chances in the interest of profits over people safety.
Payment for Medical Damages in a Tow Truck Accident
If you or a loved one were involved in an accident with a tow truck, the event might have resulted in pressing property damage and possibly injury. Since tow trucks weigh more than passenger vehicles, they are dangerous vehicles that have the potential to cause a lot of damage. If you were, were involved in a tow truck accident, then you might be qualified to money damages for any of the following:
- Property loss
- Lost wages
- Loss of career or earning capacity
- Diminished earning capacity
- Current medical bills
- Past medical bills
- Future medical bills connected to injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Costs of physical therapy
- Costs of rehabilitation
- Permanent injury or disability
- Mental anguish
- Household and vehicle modifications (ramps, wheelchair carriers, etc.)
- Hedonic damages (inability to perform an activity that you enjoyed performing, but no longer can because of the injury from the accident)
- Wrongful death damages
- Punitive damages
Win Your Case With A Dedicated and Diligent Tow Truck Accident Lawyer
Tow truck accidents vary from regular motor vehicle accidents since many parties may be cited as defendants. Potential cited defendants could include the tow truck driver; tow truck owner; manufacturer of the tow truck; organization responsible for training the tow truck driver; the truck and the tow truck driver’s insurer; the employer of the tow truck driver; the organization that enlisted the service of the tow trucking company. The personal injury lawyers at the Testa Law Group are dedicated to ensuring that every single injured person and their family has a fair shot at a bright and healthy future. Thus, if a person or organization is negligent, careless, or reckless and, as a result, you or a loved one are harmed, then we will do what it takes to hold that party accountable. Let a tow truck accident lawyer from the Testa Law Group fight for you to get the compensation that you and your family deserves. Contact us at 877-780-9052 for a free consultation with an experienced tow truck accident lawyer.